If you are disabled and are unable to work, you may be eligible for benefits under two different governmental programs. If you qualify, you will receive monthly financial support. Each program has its own general requirements.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): If you have been unable to work for at least 12 months due to a mental or physical disability, you can apply for benefits under SSDI. Although the requirements seem straightforward, the Social Security Administration has a reputation for denying many applications the first time they are submitted. There is an appeals process that a Los Angeles Social Security attorney can help you with and that often results in approval of the previously rejected claim.
- Supplemental Security Income: To qualify for this benefit, you must also have been mentally or physically disabled for at least 12 months and expect to be disabled for at least another 12 months. There are rules that limit your eligibility if you make a certain amount of income or have too many assets.
Each case is unique. The evidence needed to support an application for benefits depends on the individual case and the nature of the disability. A Los Angeles Social Security disability lawyer or Kern County Social Security lawyer will help you pursue your claim.
Call the Law Offices of Edward J. Singer, A Professional Law Corporation
Statistics show that applications for either SSDI or SSI are more likely to be approved when submitted by an attorney. In addition to knowing what documentation is required for claim approval, an attorney also knows how to prepare the case from the beginning so it will be ready for appeal if a claim is denied.
Attorney Edward Singer, a Los Angeles Social Security disability lawyer, has more than 23 years of experience working on behalf of clients who have been disabled and are seeking government benefits to which they are entitled. He will meet with you, analyze your case and discuss with you how to proceed. He will:
- Review your medical records and discuss the nature of your disability.
- Discuss other factors that may interfere with your ability to work.
- Review your education and previous work experiences.
- Analyze how pain and prescription medications influence your ability to work.
- Review attempts you have made to work that were unsuccessful due to your disability.
- Contact vocational and medical experts as needed to support your case.
At the Law Offices of Edward J. Singer, A Professional Corporation, we do everything possible that can be done in order to have your claim approved and for you to receive the maximum available benefits. For more information, call us at 310-849-5679 or fill out our online contact form today.
Contact The Law Offices of Edward J. Singer
Address: 2222 South La Brea Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90016
Phone: (310) 907-7814 ext 101
Fax: (310) 664-9008
Email: [email protected]
Workers’ Compensation | Public Pension | Social Security Disability